East Meets West Festival
2019 East Meets West Festival
What: The East Meets West Festival celebrates Morrisville, Wake County’s most diverse community, with a day of food, culture, and music from around the world.
When: Saturday, September 14, from 11 am to 4 pm
Where: Park West Village, Morrisville
Local restaurants sell small plates of their specialties. At the same time, the festival stage hosts performances from groups representing our community’s many cultures. Children can have their faces painted, or enjoy jumping in a bounce house. Admission to the festival is free, though food and beverages are available for purchase.
Download the coloring page. Then, color in the world travelers and proudly display your finished artwork as a reminder of the upcoming East Meets West Festival. Be sure to share your best work with us on Twitter and Facebook using #EMW by September 10 for a chance to win a prize!
POLITICAL CAMPAIGNING AT CHAMBER/FOUNDATION EVENTS
The Morrisville Chamber is the only resource for non-partisan information on Town elections. While we do support issues and help to advance legislation that is pro-business, it is important to our Board of Directors that our organization remains non-partisan. Please remember, we DO NOT allow campaigning at Morrisville Chamber or Morrisville Innovation Foundation functions, programs or events. We certainly welcome candidates to attend our events and programs but respectfully require that you do not actively campaign while in attendance. What does this mean? You are welcome to network with attendees, exhibitors, and sponsors. You are not allowed to bring, put out or casually distribute any campaign collateral. If you or anyone from your election campaign is caught actively campaigning at a Chamber/Foundation function, you, unfortunately, will be asked to leave.
PASSPORT CONTEST, SPONSORED BY MAUPIN TRAVEL - EAST MEETS WEST FESTIVAL
Participant acknowledges that:
- Rates are for two people based on double occupancy.
- All certificate rates include cruise fare, taxes and fees, and standard recommended gratuities.
- Blackout dates (Christmas and New Year’s week) apply to all certificates.
- Certificates have no expiration date. Certificates redeemed more than two years after the issue date will provide the holder of the certificate with a dollar credit amount against the cost of their cruise. The dollar credit amount will be based on the value for that type of certificate as shown in the Royal Caribbean price table in effect at the time the certificate was purchased.
- All certificate levels exclude Oasis Class ships and Spectrum of the Seas, except for the Royal Crown Diamond Level.
- Certificates can be upgraded or applied to a different sailing at time of redemption (recipient pays the difference between certificate value and lowest fare publicly available from the cruise line at the time of redemption). No money is refunded if lower-cost sailing is booked.
- Certificates are nonrefundable and not replaceable if lost, stolen or damaged.
- Certificates can only be redeemed by calling the Royal incentive rewards sales desk at 888-305-4549.
- Maupin Travel, A Branch of Tzell Travel Group (Maupin Travel) reserves the right to cancel, suspend or modify the Passport Contest if any problem
prevents the Passport Contest from running as planned.
- Maupin Travel reserves the right to substitute any prize with another prize of equal or greater value if the advertised prize is not available.
- Maupin Travel reserves the right to award the intended certificate in a random drawing from among all verified and validated prize claims received for the Passport Contest. In no event will more than one (1) certificate be awarded.
- Maupin Travel’s determination of the Passport Contest winner is final (except in the event that the original winner does not claim their prize, as explained below) and binding and not appealable.
- The randomly drawn Passport Contest winner will be notified by telephone on Monday, September 16, 2019. The winner must acknowledge his/her receipt of this notification during such telephone call or by responding to such telephone call at the specified number to claim his/her prize no later than 5:00 PM (EST) on Wednesday, September 18, 2019, or a different winner will be randomly re-drawn by the Morrisville Chamber of Commerce, Inc. (MCOC) and announced by MCOC.
- Participant is responsible for any and all taxes associated with winning the Passport Contest.
- The Morrisville Chamber of Commerce, Inc. (MCOC) and the Morrisville Innovation Foundation (MIF) are not affiliated in any manner whatsoever with Maupin Travel, Royal Caribbean, or any other aspect of this contest.
- The official rules of the Maupin Contest are governed by the laws of the State of North Carolina and jurisdiction and venue will only be proper in Wake County, North Carolina.
- Neither the MCOC nor the MIF shall have any liability whatsoever for anything in connection with this contest, including, but not limited to, matters related to the prize, distribution of its prize, and participant’s use of the prize.
- MCOC and MIF MAKE NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND WITH RESPECT TO THE PASSPORT CONTEST AND THE OPERATION OF THE PASSPORT CONTEST BY MAUPIN TRAVEL. MCOC AND MIF HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT OR ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY ARISING OUT OF TRADE USAGE OR OUT OF A COURSE OF DEALING OR COURSE OF PERFORMANCE.
- EACH PARTICIPANT AND THEIR RESPECTIVE HEIRS, BENEFICIARIES, AND FAMILY MEMBERS AGREE TO RELEASE AND HOLD MCOC AND MIF HARMLESS FROM AND AGAINST ANY CLAIM ASSOCIATED WITH THE PASSPORT CONTEST, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE USE, REDEMPTION, OR DELIVERY OF THE PRIZES AWARDED IN THE PASSPORT CONTEST (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY ACTION OR PROCEEDING CONCERNING PERSONAL INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE). MCOC AND MIF WILL NOT BE LIABLE TO CONTESTANT, PARTICIPANT, OR ANYONE ELSE FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES OF ANY CHARACTER ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE MAUPIN CONTEST, REGARDLESS OF THE LEGAL THEORY ASSERTED, WHETHER BASED ON BREACH OF CONTRACT, BREACH OF WARRANTY, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), PRODUCT LIABILITY, OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF MCOC OR MIF HAD BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES AND EVEN IF A REMEDY SET FORTH HEREIN OR THEREIN IS FOUND TO HAVE FAILED OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE. MCOC’S AND MIF’S AGGREGATE AND TOTAL LIABILITY UNDER THE MAUPIN CONTEST FOR ANY AND ALL CLAIMS ARISING OUT OF THE MAUPIN CONTEST WILL BE LIMITED TO DIRECT DAMAGES AND WILL NOT EXCEED ONE DOLLAR ($1.00).