Welcome to the newsroom where you'll find the latest news for Morrisville and our region, recent accolades, information about area businesses and other resources to help you stay up-to-date with our community. Check out what people are saying about us:
News and Media
Over the past several years Morrisville (as well as the Raleigh Metro area) has been recognized as a Best Place to Live in America by Money Magazine, Best City to Live in Every State Across the US by USA Today and Most Linguistically Diverse Town in NC. These prestigious rankings echo how we describe our community to entrepreneurs, new companies that want to call our community home, or existing companies that want to expand: Talent; Innovation & Collaboration; Business Environment; and Quality of Place.
To see a list of Morrisville-specific rankings and to learn more about how our community stacks up, download our rankings flyer at the button to the right.
For a more comprehensive list of Wake County and North Carolina rankings, visit Wake County Economic Development.
- Welcomed Conduent to Morrisville and celebrated the opening of its Global Technology and Innovation Hub, celebrated the opening of Wake Tech RTP Campus, celebrated TrialCard’s expansion adding 400 jobs locally, and Morrisville was named #1 Best Place to Live in NC by Niche (March 2018)
- Strengthened partnerships with area nonprofits by launching a giveback component to our KNOW Programs and Holiday Reception, collecting supplies for 5 different area nonprofits as well as holding two Chamber Day of Service events, completing 25 service projects at over 10 area nonprofits with members of our business community.
- Further deepened community engagement with the largest East Meets West Festival to date. This annual festival celebrates Wake County’s most diverse community with a day of food, culture and music from around the world.
- Launched two new events which focus on public policy and current business initiatives, providing members new opportunities to engage with the Chamber.
- Developed greater community engagement by increasing social media followers by more than 10 percent, and saw 280 percent growth for clicks on links in tweets.
- Attended over 20 Ribbon Cutting and Member Milestone events to celebrate the thriving business activity here in Morrisville.
- Hosted over 50 events providing networking, marketing and professional development opportunities for our members and the local business community.
Archived Event Presentations
Transportation Update: Moving Morrisville Forward
Tuesday, June 12, 2018
Brier Creek Country Club
Speakers: Joey Hopkins (NCDOT), Kent Jackson (Town of Morrisville), Patrick McDonough (GoTriangle), Joe Milazzo (Regional Transportation Alliance)