Welcome to the newsroom where you'll find the latest news for Morrisville and our region, recent accolades, information about area businesses and other resources to help you stay up-to-date with our community. Check out what people are saying about us:
News and Media
Over the past several years Morrisville (as well as the Raleigh Metro area) has been recognized as a Best Place to Live in America by Money Magazine, Best City to Live in Every State Across the US by USA Today and Most Linguistically Diverse Town in NC. These prestigious rankings echo how we describe our community to entrepreneurs, new companies that want to call our community home, or existing companies that want to expand: Talent; Innovation & Collaboration; Business Environment; and Quality of Place.
To see a list of Morrisville-specific rankings and to learn more about how our community stacks up, download our rankings flyer at the button to the right.
For a more comprehensive list of Wake County and North Carolina rankings, visit Wake County Economic Development.
- Celebrated the announcement of Microsoft’s new expanded software support operations, a $47.5M investment in the Town of Morrisville, adding 500 jobs over the next 4 years with an average minimum wage of $125,000.
- Launched an immersive, hands-on field trip experience for area high schoolers with visits at FUJIFILM Diosynth Biotechnologies and WakeMed Cary
Experienced overwhelming growth and community support at the 2019 East Meets West Festival, a festival designed to celebrate the diversity of Morrisville. An astounding 4,000 people experienced and celebrated our diverse community here in Morrisville. And another 75 volunteered their time to help plan and execute the event.
- Recognized by USA Today as the Best City to Live in Every State Across the US (Morrisville | January 2019).
- Revamped the Sharpen Your Skills workshop series by refocusing the content on leadership and sales development, resulting in 5 consecutive sold-out events.
- Attended 16 Ribbon Cutting and Member Milestone events to celebrate the thriving business activity here in Morrisville.
- Hosted over 50 events providing networking, marketing and professional development opportunities for our members and the local business community.
Archived Event Presentations
Transportation Update: Moving Morrisville Forward
Tuesday, June 12, 2018
Brier Creek Country Club
Speakers: Joey Hopkins (NCDOT), Kent Jackson (Town of Morrisville), Patrick McDonough (GoTriangle), Joe Milazzo (Regional Transportation Alliance)